Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Something fun for myself - Lelah low back

This is perhaps my fifth project - It is called the Lelah top and was originally meant to be a tube top with lace in the torso area. It is quite flattering especially since Im a curvy person. I modified it such that it would have a low back and provide the security of not falling off with i-cord racer back straps. It's pretty cute. What I liked about the pattern was that I could customize the fit for myself. However, there was a slight glitch in my calculations and I ended up making the part that covers 'the girls' big enough to fit an entire community of people. So, I had to rip out a couple rows, pick up stitches, fix my mistakes, make it smaller. Tears were shed and the project was put away for a couple hours due to frustration BUT it was all worth it since I think it turned out really cute!!





2 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! I love the straps you did. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u so much Julie!!! I couldnt have done it without your help! I think it turned out really cute. Your top seriously inspired me to make this! Thanks again!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete