Saturday, May 29, 2010

Pleated ballet slippers to keep Miss Cultured Purl's feet warm






Im a tropical country kind of girl - can you blame me? I grew up and lived in India for 18 years - so my mitochondria chooses to generate energy that helps me run away from lions and snakes (just kidding) than to help keep my body warm. Unfortunately, I no longer live in a warm place - I live in Salt Lake City which is cold for a larger part of the year than warm. So, my hands and feet inevitably get cold - even inside the house. As I said before, my body isnt made for cold climates - it is made to deal with tropical conditions. I hate wearing socks or slippers around the house. So, I keep getting yelled at by muh man to wear something on my feet so I dont get cold and sick.







Enter - pleated ballet slippers. I first laid eyes on these babies in the yarn store I love to shop at - Blazing Needles and I just had to have them. I decided to make them in this beautiful green shading yarn since its a color that looks lovely on my skin. I have got to say - not only do they look super cute - they fit well, and are very fun and comfortable to wear around the house. I absolutely love them and making them in different colors is definitely on the to-do list!

4 comments:

  1. i like the styling of this article... small pic.. big pic and the colors are nice.. good pics.. what camera are you using...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks zazu! I wanted to put all the pictures in without making it look like too much - I've been using Christian's camera - it's a nice digital camera - nothing professional - but it's quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you should become an art director... because you know how to infuse a sense of humor in both images as well as txt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Designer Zazu - being an art director sounds intimidating though - especially with my lack of skill and knowledge. Maybe some day :D

    ReplyDelete